Welcome to Season 23
March 2023 Information
You’ll see our Kayak & SUP departure times are different most days. That’s because we paddle with the tides which are roughly an hour later each day. There is little to choose between our two, 2-3-hour kayak tours which involve similar amounts of paddling and interest – and many book again to see the parts of the Fowey Estuary they missed the first time around.
Please note that we recommend children under 16 share a double kayak with a parent or older child as the combination of a tidal river paddle plus a 3-hour trip can be tiring.
- Please note if you book a single kayak our instructors reserve the right to recommend a change of craft if they feel your choice of vessel would reduce your enjoyment / safety of the session.
Our SUP sessions are designed for beginners, intermediates and advanced paddler’s, who are wishing to learn a new skill, perfect an existing one or explore the stunning waterways.
If you have never tried Stand Up Paddle boarding before then we would recommend our 90 min New 2 SUP Session. This session covers all the basics from kneeling, standing and turning as well as self-rescue. We go entirely at your pace and help coach you easy techniques to obtain your goals.
Our BRAND-NEW SUP Self-Rescue and Safety session helps the more intermediate paddler learn essential safety skills to get them “Summer SUP Ready”. Please see our “Guided Tour” page for more details.
Prices for Kayak tours are per person using our stable double kayaks (or larger doubles plus child seat). Single kayaks are slightly less stable and more suited to experienced paddlers and those over 16 with some kayaking experience. If you are an odd number – or want a single Kayak please request this at the time of booking (a £5 per kayak supplement is payable). Children are aged 15 and under.
We LOVE dogs on Kayak, but please bear in mind that a large dog will need its own seat and (as they are unable to paddle) will need to share a double. Smaller dogs can fit on laps, but you must be able to paddle independently.
WE DO NOT SUPPLY DOG BUOYANCY AIDS & CHARGE A £5 SUPPLIMENT FOR DOGS.
Prices for SUP Sessions / Tours are per person (one person per board), and include board, paddle, leash and buoyancy aid. We do not allow pets or children to share a board with an adult. Minimum age is 10 years and over for New2SUP and Self-Rescue and Safety. SUP Tours are for adults only.
We recommend wetsuits are worn for all SUP sessions and that bookers supply their own where possible. We have a supply of adult Sola and GUL wetsuits from XS to XXL which can be hired at a cost of £5 per person. Shorty wetsuits are available for children at a cost of £5 per child (all wetsuit sizes are generic and will be supplied on the day subject to availability)
- Kayak Trips: Please be aware that whilst we will endeavour to ensure you have the craft of your choice, bookings will dictate on the day what vessels are available. NO UNDER 16's IN SINGLE KAYAKS
- SUP Sessions: Boards used will be a range from our "Fanatic" fleet and your instructor will allocate your board on the day based on size and experience levels.
- Please note you MUST arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your launch time as "Tide & Time wait for no man", and we must launch on time. If you are late, we cannot wait!!
- PLEASE NOTE ALL SESSIONS REQUIRE A MINIMUM OF TWO PERSONS TO GO AHEAD
From NOVEMBER to MARCH, all scheduled hires and tours will be off line, if you wish to book a private hire, please call the mobile on 07792-062471 or email us on [email protected].
- Sep26TueCreeks & Backwaters
Departure time 14:30
- Sep26TueNew to SUP - Beginner
Departure time 15:00
- Sep27WedWildlife & Waterfronts
Departure time 09:30
- Sep27WedConnect - ShePaddles
Departure time 16:00
- Sep28ThuWildlife & Waterfronts
Departure time 10:00
- Sep29FriWildlife & Waterfronts
Departure time 11:00
- Sep30SatWildlife & Waterfronts
Departure time 11:30